Tuesday, March 16, 2010

AbEx Stamps



I just ordered my set of AbEx stamps from the US Postal Service. We need to support any instance of public support for arts!! When I lived in Spain, I was astounded at the everyday relevance of museums and fine art. Here, we would never see a report on a National Gallery exhibition on the Evening News with Brian WIlliams but in Spain it is routine to see segments about Prado or other museum shows. There you also have programs featuring nerdy art historians sitting around tables talking about art, in fact, I was featured in one! (as close to my fantasy of being a TV celeb as I ever got, I made the most of the cosmetic technician who was available to powder our shiny noses between takes, who knew those lights are so hot!).

1 comment:

Max said...

Oh Petite, I envision you on a panel of a highbrow version of DEC or Salvame Deluxe. So art-worldly, so gossipy, and such high ratings!